The North East London Cancer Alliance is helping GPs to deliver the asks in the PCN DES.
Support for the PCN DES
We have produced a PCN DES guide to support practices to deliver the asks in the PCN DES, which has been approved by our GP cancer leads.
Further advice on the PCN DES can be accessed via the Cancer Research UK webpages and the NHSE guidance is here.
PCN cancer facilitators
The PCN cancer facilitators are available to support PCNs to deliver the requirements of early diagnosis PCN DES. The support includes:
- Facilitate quality improvement, including reflection on comparative cancer data, referrals and audits and learning event analysis.
- Support action planning and use of ongoing quality improvement methodologies.
- Facilitate improvement in cancer screening, prevention and early diagnosis.
- Work with the whole team as needed – including GPs, nurses, clinical pharmacists, physician associates, other clinicians and non-clinical staff.
- Provide training to staff on cancer screening and cancer related processes such as safety netting.
- Work with PCNs to support a reduction in health inequalities.
We have three PCN facilitators for north east London:
Barking and Dagenham, Havering and Redbridge: Naeema Akther – Naeema.firstname.lastname@example.org
City & Hackney and Newham: Jessica Lewsey – email@example.com
Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest: Lubna Patel – firstname.lastname@example.org