Cancer Care Reviews
A Cancer Care Review (CCR) is a conversation between a patient and their GP or Practice Nurse about their cancer journey. It is essential to personalised care and helps patients to:
- Talk about their cancer experience and concerns.
- Understand what support is available in their community.
- Receive the information they need to begin supported self-management.
Macmillan has some useful advice and guidance on their Cancer Care Reviews web pages.
Macmillan has also integrated a national Cancer Care Review template in to the three core GP IT Providers (EMIS Web, TPP SystmOne and INPS Vision) to encourage a standardised, holistic, person-centred approach to these conversations.
The QoF guidance for 21/22, states that practices should use the Macmillan CCR Template to facilitate effective CCR conversations.
- Further information on how to access the template within each IT system is included on the CCR Webpage.
- Macmillan is currently working with the core GP IT providers to update the template in line with the new and updated indicators and recently released SNOMED coding. These updates will be released automatically within each IT system.
- Macmillan has worked with accuRx to develop a Cancer Florey, which can act as a pre-CCR questionnaire to be sent to the patient via SMS ahead of their CCR conversation. By completing this short questionnaire, the patient will be able to indicate particular areas of concern that can then be prioritised within the CCR appointment. This florey is now live, for more information on how to access floreys within accuRx click here.
- Macmillan has also worked with accuRx to develop an SMS template which can be sent to patients who would benefit from signposting to Macmillan information and support. This SMS template is available now.