Personalised Stratified Follow-up appointments
After your treatment, you will be offered a follow-up pathway that is personalised to you. These are often referred to as Personalised Stratified Follow-up, Open Access Follow-up or Patient Initiated Follow-up.
We understand that it may be difficult to understand the different pathways and your Clinical Nurse Specialist will talk you through the right pathway for you. These pathways are designed to minimise attending hospital and increase the way you can contact your specialist.
Your clinical team will discuss this with you and, if suitable, you may be offered:
- Regular surveillance scans or tests, with quicker and easier access to results; it is important you attend these scans.
- Rapid re-access to your cancer team, including telephone advice and support, if you are worried about any symptoms, side-effects or treatment.
- Information about signs and symptoms to look out for, suggesting your cancer may have returned.
- Personalised care and support planning and support for self-management to help you to improve your health and wellbeing in the long-term.
- What you can expect from personalised cancer care
- Working in partnership with your clinician and care team and making decisions together.
- Understanding your options and choosing the right one for you.
- Building your knowledge, skills and confidence.
- Connecting with other people or organisations in your community for support.
- Designing your own plan supported by professionals.
- Managing your personal health budget for your NHS healthcare and support needs, with help if you need.